Saturday, August 5, 2017

July Wrap-Up

Hello lovely readers, summer is flying by, and though the days are longer it feels like I have less time than ever. I am glad to say though that I have made some progress with Unearthed After Sunset. Here's everything I've been up to in July.





READING:

Books Reviewed in July:

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting - I was expecting this to be a YA murder mystery, and it was, but it leaned more to focusing on YA issues when I think they could have gone a little darker.

Books Read in July:

I started reading The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower #1) by Stephen King last week. I can tell this book is setting up the series, and while there's been some action the pacing has been a little slow.

Books to read in August:

I'm planning to finish The Gunslinger, then after that, I'm not sure what I'll move on to.



WRITING:

Unearthed After Sunset is all ready to go. I'm making a plan for marketing and will hopefully have a release day planned soon! That means ARC copies will be coming soon, and if you want one I'd suggest *hint hint* joining my mailing list on my website www.laurynapril.com.



BLOGGING:

July was another busy month, but I did have some fun blogging. I've also been spending more time on Twitter, so if you don't already follow me, my handle is @LaurynApril.

My Favorite Blog Posts in July:

Favorite Post Written: Three Books I Wish would have Ended Differently, I mostly wrote this post to vent about some books that would have been perfect if they'd ended differently. 

Favorite Post Read: This past month, I checked in on some of my writer friends blogs to see what they've been up to. I read The Delights of Good and Bad Writing by Lucinda Elliot where she talks about cliches, and how sometimes we still love those tired old tropes. I also visited author Jennifer Ann at her blog where she recently talked about how much Goodreads reviews (and really all reviews) mean to authors in Goodreads Ratings (A Public Service Announcement).



PERSONAL:

I'm building a garage... well, more accurately, my husband is building a garage and I'm trying to be involved so it doesn't end up bigger than my house. The crazy amount of rain we've gotten hasn't helped, but we've made some progress. 


How was your July?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indie Book Goal 2018