Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Review for Adam’s List by Jennifer Ann (aka: Jen Naumann)

5 Stars.
 
Hot and Heartfelt. I don’t read too many contemporary novels, but I’ve been intrigued by the NA POV and have enjoyed Naumann’s writing in the past. I was able to receive a free copy of Adam’s List from the author, so I thought, why not, and I loved it.

This book was Hot. There’s lots of steamy romance in this novel. Personally I don’t read a lot of heavy romance novels and I stay clear of erotica. I love romance, but don’t want to read really graphic romance. What I loved about this book was that it was loaded with romance, but it didn’t feel vulgar. It was sexy.


As for the plot, we get to see a number of fun places. Adam and Jewels go on a trip that I think every college-age person plans at some point in time, but that most don’t actually get to do. Throughout the novel there is this bittersweet tug and pull between living life to the fullest and being responsible, which is exactly what becoming an adult is all about.

The story progressed at a natural rate, and the characters felt real. Jewels is a character with layers, she can be bubbly and bright, but she has things she struggles with as well. She felt very real to me, and I loved her. Her relationship with Adam was a rollercoaster ride of emotions and I completely understood how she was feeling every step of the way. He pulls her life back into perspective and she does the same for him. They make each other better. The surrounding characters were fun as well and they each had their own unique personalities. All together these characters take you on a journey that will tug at your heartstrings.

Overall, if you’re a fan of romance, I highly recommend this one.


1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for giving it a read even though it's outside of your normal genre! :)

    ReplyDelete

Indie Book Goal 2018